Here is a short test from which you can take stock of your personal situation as a mother or father.
How does it work? The test is a list of questions with two poles (risk and protection) referring to risk and protection factors that may be present in your parent's life. We have included the factors that, according to our studies, have the greatest effect on parental burn-out (either as a risk factor or as a protective factor).
Now answer these 40 questions:
- if you totally agree with the left pole, move your cursor to -5
- if you are moderately in agreement with the left pole, move your cursor to -1, -2, -3 or -4 depending on your level of agreement (the more you agree, the closer you get to -5)
- if you totally agree with the right pole, move your cursor to 5
- if you are moderately in agreement with the right pole, move your cursor to 1, 2, 3 or 4 depending on your degree of agreement
- If you cannot decide or if you are between the two poles, leave your cursor on the 0.